VPN Software for ENGR network
Manual installation of AnyConnect.
Click on one of the links below to manually download the AnyConnect client software for your associated operating system. After the installation run AnyConnect and enter vpn.ucr.edu/engineering in the dialog box. Click connect and enter your ENGR user name and password when prompted. Do Not put ENGR\ in front of your username.
If you have trouble downloading right click and select "Save link as"
Web based Installation, Java required.
- Go to https://vpn.ucr.edu/engineering and enter your ENGR Username and password in the yellow box on the left hand side (do Not put ENGR\ in front of your username)
- The AnyConnect installer will automatically start if you have not installed the client
- You may be asked to run the application, click "Run"
- The AnyConnect Installer will start, wait for it to completes which might take a few minutes
- Mac Users: You will need to type in your Mac's password in order to install
- When the process is complete, you will see the "Connection established" message
- At this point you will need to disconnect and reconnect.
- change location to vpn.ucr.edu/engineering
- use ENGR username and password.
- The AnyConnect icon will be visible on your computer
- For Windows: Will be visible on your systems tray
- For Mac: Will be visible on your Dock
- Use this icon to control your connection
- To disonnect from AnyConnect VPN session:
- Right Click on the icon in the systems tray or dock
- Then click "Disconnect"
- For Windows: A disconnected icon will appear in your systems tray
- For Mac: The Dock icon does not change for Mac users