LabVIEW software is ideal for any measurement or control system, and the heart of the NI design platform. Integrating all the tools that engineers and scientists need to build a wide range of applications in dramatically less time, LabVIEW is a development environment for problem solving, accelerated productivity, and continual innovation
Installation of LabVIEW System Design Software on a Windows PC
- Download the Package
- Extract the LabVIEW package, you will need 7zip or a similar extraction utility to do this.
- Connect to engineering VPN server
- Right click and run "autorun.exe" as admin. The "autorun.exe" file is located inside the folder you extracted. Install Labview
- After labview is installed, you need to update the license server information using "NI License Manager"
- Run "NI License Manager"
- Choose Options/Preferences
- Check the "Use Volume License Server" and enter "labview.engr.ucr.edu". Click OK.
- To run LabVIEW, make sure you are connected to engineering VPN server and then run the program like you normally would
Customized Installation of Labview
This version allows full customization of the Labview installation. For most cases, the general version above will work.
- Download and extract the package
- Connect to the engineering VPN server.
- Run LV_Spring2018_ENG_WB.exe
- Click "Start" after the installer launches.
- Click "Next", then "I want to install software now", then "Next".
- On the next screen, click "I want to evaluate products only", then next.
- When prompted to log in, close the login window by pressing the "x" in the top right corner.
- Select the products that you wish to install by pressing on the icon, then selecting "Install".
- Hit next through the rest of the installer with the default options, accepting the licenses.
- After the installer finishes, launch "NI License Manager". Click "Options/Preferences", Check "Use Volume License Server", and use "labview.engr.ucr.edu" as the value. Click OK.